Sat, Apr 20|
Unleash the Wild Animal within
Time & Location
Apr 20, 2024, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wildcat Hollow, Co Rd 58, Glouster, OH 45732, USA
About the Event
Operation WILDCAT and Operation WILDCAT MINI
- Operation WILDCAT 15 +/- miles
- Operation WILDCAT MINI 7.5 +/- miles
Brief Start Time: Saturday 20th April 2024 at 0800 hrs
Event Start Time: Saturday 20th April 2024 at 0830 hrs
Start Location: Wildcat Hollow Hiking Trail, Glouster, Ohio
Event Finish Time: Saturday 20th April 2024 at 1700 hrs
Finish Location: Wildcat Hollow Hiking Trail, Glouster, Ohio
Operation WILDCAT and Operation WILDCAT MINI take you through the undulating terrain of Wildcat Hollow. These events are only 90 minutes outside of Columbus, Ohio.
Operation WILDCAT is 15 +/- miles with just over 1,600 ft of elevation gain
Operation WILDCAT MINI is 7.5 +/- miles with just over 600 ft of elevation gain.
Candidates must carry 30 lbs (dry weight) and complete the 15 +/- mile route in under 7 hours to pass and under 4.5 hours to earn the GBF Operation WILDCAT Dog Tag.
Operation WILDCAT MINI
Candidates must carry 20 lbs (dry weight) and complete the 7.5 +/- mile route in under 5 hours to pass and under 2.5 hours to earn the GBF Operation WILDCAT MINI Dog Tag.
Candidates will meet at the Wildcat Hollow Hiking Trail parking area.
At 0800 hrs, GBF Staff will give an event brief before answering any questions and releasing the candidates to begin the route at 0830 hrs.
- Mapping. GBF events use the AllTrails app for navigation. To download the route from AllTrails, you will need to sign up for a membership. GBF suggests candidates have a paper map, compass, and GPS too.
- Route. Ensure you download the route for offline use.
Operation WILDCAT route is HERE.
Operation WILDCAT MINI route is HERE.
Operation WILDCAT - 30 lbs (without food and water) in a backpack.
Operation WILDCAT MINI - 20 lbs (without food and water) in a backpack.
This list is mandatory.
- Backpack (waterproof inner-bags)
- Phone (fully charged)
- Phone charger
- Head Torch (spare batteries)
- Hydration bladder(s)
- Emergency rations (see below)
- Emergency shelter
- Personal First Aid Kit
This list is strongly recommended:
- Dress. Candidates' dress will be a personal choice.
- Checkpoints. There are no checkpoints on this route.
- Water. There will be bottled water at the start / finish point. Candidates should carry enough water to last the route distance +3 miles, in case they get lost.
- Rations. Candidates should have a minimum of 3 x energy bars and 0.5 litres of water as emergency rations.
- Medical. A personal medical kit is required by every candidate. GBF Staff must be made aware of any medical conditions prior to starting the event.
- Transport. Transport to and from the event will be at candidates own arrangement.
Command and Signal
GBF HQ: 941-993-9432
Numbers - Maximum number of candidates 40. Minimum number of candidates 10.
Operation WILDCAT - $95
Operation WILDCAT MINI - $75
Refunds - Refunds will be in the form of a GBF voucher for future events. Refunds within 30 days of an event will not be possible.
Operation WILDCAT MINI
+$2.01 service fee
+$2.01 service fee0