Sat, Oct 05|
Mount Washington, Massachusetts
Three States. One Awesome Event.
Time & Location
Oct 05, 2024, 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Mount Washington, Massachusetts, 162 East St, Mt Washington, MA 01258, USA
About the Event
Distance: 18 +/- miles
Brief Start Time: Saturday 5th October 2024 at 0730 hrs
Event Start Time: Saturday 5th October 2024 at 0800 hrs
Start Location: Alander Mountain Trail, MA
Event Finish Time: Saturday 5th October 2024 at 1500 hrs
Finish Location: Alander Mountain Trail, MA
Operation TRIAD is a Green Beret Fitness multi-state event. Operation TRIAD takes candidates through Massachusetts, New York and Connecticut.
Candidates will summit four different peaks (Alander Mountain, Mount Frissell, Mount Race, and Mount Everett) before finishing this epic adventure.
Candidates must complete the 18+/- mile route in under 9.5 hours to PASS and under 7.5 hours to earn the GBF Op TRIAD Dog Tag.
Candidates will meet at the Alander Mountain Trail parking area.
At 0730 hrs, GBF Staff will give an event brief before answering any questions and releasing the candidates to begin the route at 0800 hrs.
- Mapping. You can navigate this route easily from the AllTrails app on your Smartphone. GBF suggests candidates have a paper map, compass, and GPS for redundancy. To download the route from AllTrails, you will need to sign up for a membership.
- Route. Ensure you download the route for offline use.
Operation TRIAD route is HERE.
- Weight. Candidates must carry a minimum of 20 lbs (without food and water) in a backpack. Weight vests or sandbags are not permitted.
This list is mandatory.
- Backpack (waterproof inner-bags)
- Phone (fully charged)
- Phone charger
- Head Torch (spare batteries)
- Hydration bladder(s)
- Emergency rations (see below)
- Emergency shelter
- Personal First Aid Kit
This list is optional:
- Dress. Candidates' dress will be a personal choice. Wet weather and cold weather gear is recommended in case of inclement weather conditions.
- Checkpoints. There are no checkpoints on this route.
- Water. There will be bottled water at the start / finish point. There will also be a water dead drop at approximately mile 8. Candidates should carry enough water in case they get lost.
- Rations. Candidates should have a minimum of 3 x energy bars and 0.5 litres of water as emergency rations.
- Medical. A personal medical kit is required by every candidate. GBF Staff must be made aware of any medical conditions prior to starting the event.
- Transport. Transport to and from the event will be at candidates own arrangement.
Command and Signal
GBF HQ: 941-993-9432
Numbers - Maximum number of candidates 40. Minimum number of candidates 10.
Refunds - Refunds will be in the form of a GBF voucher for future events. Refunds within 30 days of an event will not be possible.