Sat, Jul 23|
Mount Washington, Massachusetts
Three States. One Awesome Event.
Time & Location
Jul 23, 2022, 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Mount Washington, Massachusetts, 162 East St, Mt Washington, MA 01258, USA
About the Event
Distance: 18 +/- miles
Event Start Time: Sat 23 July 22 at 0700hrs (Please do not arrive before 0630hrs)
FUP (Forming Up Point) Location: Alander Mountain Trail, MA
Event Finish Time: No Later Than Sat 23 July 22 at 1700hrs
Finish Location: Alander Mountain Trail, MA
Operation TRIAD is a Green Beret Fitness multi-state event. Operation TRIAD’s 18 miles takes candidates through Massachusetts, New York and Connecticut. Candidates will summit four different peaks (Alander Mountain, Mount Frissell, Mount Race, and Mount Everett) before finishing this epic adventure.
Operation TRIAD is a challenge not to be missed and a test of endurance, navigation, fitness, and mental strength.
Candidates must complete the 18 +/- mile route in under 9 hours to PASS and under 7 hours to earn the GBF Op TRIAD Dog Tag.
Candidates will meet at the Forming Up Point (FUP) at the Alander Mountain Trail Car Park. At 0700hrs, GBF Staff will give an event brief before checking candidates maps and kit. Candidates are advised to carry paper maps (waterproofed), in addition to their smartphone, for navigation. Each candidate must carry 20 lbs plus water and food. Once GBF Staff are happy with the candidate's kit, they will be released to begin the route.
The first 20 candidates who sign up will receive a free GBF Operation TRIAD t-shirt. Candidates finishing in under 7 hours will receive the highly sought-after 'GBF Operation TRIAD’ dog tags.
- Mapping. You can navigate this route easily from the AllTrails app on your Smartphone. GBF suggests candidates have a paper map, compass, and GPS for redundancy. To download the route from AllTrails, you will need to sign up for a membership.
- Route. Operation TRIAD. This is the route candidates will follow. The final 3 +/- miles of the route is on dirt-road and candidates should use this opportunity to make up time.
- Dress. Candidates' dress will be a personal choice but they are reminded this is a self-supported, rural event with little provision for support. Wet weather gear is advised in case of inclement weather conditions.
This list is mandatory:
- Backpack (waterproof inner-bags)
- Phone charger
- Head Torch (spare batteries)
- Hydration bladder(s)
- Pocket knife
- Emergency rations (see below)
- Emergency shelter
- Personal First Aid Kit
This list is recommended:
- Maps (waterproofed)
- Blister kit
- Replen. Candidates should carry enough food and water to last 12 +/- miles. There will be a water replenishment point for candidates at the 8 mile point (Mt Frissell Trailhead).
- Rations. Candidates must have a minimum of 2 x chocolate bars as emergency rations. It is the candidates' own decision if they wish to take extra food with them.
- Water. Candidates must carry a minimum of 3 litres of water. The use of hydration bladders is encouraged. Water will be available at the start/finish location and the Mt Frissell Trailhead replen’ point.
- Medical. A personal medical kit is required by every candidate. GBF Staff must be made aware of any medical conditions prior to starting the event. If any GBF staff deems a candidate is medically unfit to continue, they may be withdrawn from the event for their own safety.
- Transport. Transport to and from the event will be at candidates own arrangement.
Command and Signal
GBF HQ - 9419939432
Weight - candidate’s backpacks must weigh 20 lbs without water and food.
Numbers - Maximum number of candidates 40. Minimum number of candidates 10.
Cost - $125
Refunds - Refunds will be in the form of a GBF voucher for future events. Refunds within 30 days of an event will not be possible.
T-Shirts - Orders for t-shirts will be placed on 1 July 22. Any tickets booked after this date will NOT be eligible for a t-shirt for this event.
Operation TRIAD$125.00Tax: +$8.75 Tax