Sat, Oct 21|
3 Daughters Brewing
Operation THEO (Florida)
In memory Theo, and the many young lives who have gone too soon.
Time & Location
Oct 21, 10:00 AM EDT – Oct 22, 4:00 PM EDT
3 Daughters Brewing, 222 22nd St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33712, USA
About the Event
Operation THEO (Florida)
Distance: As long or short as you want
Event Start Time: Sat 21 Oct 22 at 1000 hrs (Please do not arrive before 0930 hrs)
FUP (Forming Up Point) Location: 3 Daughters Brewing, St Petersburg
Event Finish Time: Sat 21 Oct 22 1600 hrs
Finish Location: 3 Daughters Brewing, St Petersburg
Background to Operation THEO
“Our sweet Theo was born on March 22, 2015. From day one he was the sweetest most even tempered baby. He brought joy to everyone that met him. After a trip to the eye doctor that turned into an emergency MRI at All Children’s Hospital our precious baby was diagnosed with a rare form of childhood cancer called Alveolar Rhabdomyosarcoma. He was only five months old.
Alveolar Rhabdomyosarcoma is aggressive, and so was the frontline treatment being offered to Theo. He endured countless rounds of chemotherapy at All Children's Hospital where he was seen by the best team of doctors and nurses we could have dreamed of having for him. He learned to walk in the hallways of the seventh floor. He made friends with patients and their parents alike. Theo’s treatment was complicated and that led him to many different departments within the hospital, and he won over the affection of hospital staff everywhere he went.
In the end, the outstanding care and compassion he was given at All Children’s was no match for the aggressiveness of his disease, and the lack of adequate treatment protocols for children with his type of cancer. After fourteen months of treatment, he passed away surrounded by family, and in his parent’s arms at the age of 19 months old.
Theo left his mark on all who knew him. His short life changed lives. He softened hearts, strengthened relationships, and he continues to be a source of strength to those that love him.”
Green Beret Fitness presents Operation THEO in St Petersburg in memory of a young warrior who was taken too soon, and the wonderful hospital and staff who helped his family.
1. Collect new, unwrapped toys and gifts to donate to the John Hopkins All Children's Hospital in time for their Christmas sorting.
2. Completion of the course, and associated challenges, as a team in the time allocated.
This fun Team Event will be completed in St Petersburg on Saturday 21st October starting at 1000 hrs. The start / finish location is 3 Daughters Brewing.
You will be emailed a list of checkpoints the week before the event and your team must plan the most efficient route. Checkpoints (CP) may include the Dali Museum, St Petersburg Pier, as well as shops, breweries, and famous landmarks.
This event is about planning an efficient route, having fun, and delivering gifts.
- Dress. Dress will be a personal choice. St Petersburg can still be very hot in October so dress appropriately.
- Gifts. There is a strict policy of what gifts can be accepted by the hospital. You can find that list HERE.
- Equipment. Candidates must have 20 lbs in their backpack at check-in but all the items you donate are included in your 20lbs of weight. Once you donate it, you will be down that weight. The more you donate - the less you carry. This list is mandatory:
- Fully Charged mobile phone
- Item(s) to donate to All Children's Hospital
- Water. Water should be consumed throughout the day and will be available at the start / finish location.
- Transport. Transport to and from the event will be at candidates own arrangement.
Command and Signal
Operation THEO in St Petersburg will be led by Charlie and Jim as GBF representatives.
Charlie - 863-517-1829
Jim - 863-234-1711
Cost - $25
Refunds - Refunds will be in the form of a GBF voucher for future events. Refunds within 30 days of an event will not be possible.
Patches - New for 2023, Operation THEO candidates will receive this patch for the event.
Your ticket to Operation THEO in St Petersburg, Florida on 23rd Oct 2021.