Sat, Dec 10|
Longboat Key, Florida
13.1 or 26.2 miles along Florida's stunning Gulf Coast
Time & Location
Dec 10, 2022, 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM EST
Longboat Key, Florida, Ken Thompson Pkwy, Sarasota, FL 34236, USA
About the Event
Operation MARAKEY is a half marathon and full marathon distance event and a GBF Dog Tag earning event.
Distance: 13.1 miles or 26.2 miles (approx)
Event Brief Start Time: 0730hrs 10 Dec 2022.
Race Start Time: 0800hrs 10 Dec 2022.
Start Location: City Island, Sarasota
Finish Time: 1500hrs 10 Dec 2022.
Finish Location: Daiquiri Deck St. Armands Circle, Sarasota
(Note: You will have to walk or Uber back to your car at the start point)
Operation MARAKEY is a half marathon (13.1 miles) or a marathon (26.2 miles) event that will be completed on Longboat Key on Saturday 10 Dec 2022. The route is an easy to navigate 'out-and-back' using scenic sidewalks and can be found here: Operation MARAKEY route.
Complete and self-navigate the 13.1 mile or 26.2 mile course in your quickest time.
Under 5 hours for the full marathon will earn a GBF Operation MARAKEY 26.2 Dog Tag.
Under 2.5 hours for the half marathon will earn a GBF Operation MARAKEY 13.1 Dog Tag.
This event will start on City Island and finish at Daiquiri Deck in St Armands. Ruck and weight is entirely optional. If you wish to run it without weight, you can.
Important: Only candidates with 15+ lbs rucks doing the full marathon in under 5 hours will earn a dogtag.
Route: Operation MARAKEY route. The marathon route is (approximately) 13.1 miles north to just north of The Beach House Restaurant and then 13.1 miles south to the finish.
The half marathon route is (approximately) 6.6 miles north to Checkpoint 1 and then 6.6 miles south to the finish.
There are two water hydration checkpoints on the route that can be used out and back.
Checkpoint 1 (Public bathrooms available)
- Weight. The weight is 15lbs NOT including water.
- Dress. Dress will be a personal choice. Sarasota County can be very hot in January so dress appropriately.
- Equipment. The kit list is optional but candidates should have a minimum of 2 litres (0.5 gallons) of water plus a fully charged mobile phone and:
- Sun hat
- Foot Care Kit (GBF recommend Combat Ready Tape)
- Spare socks
- Water. Water should be consumed throughout the day and will be available at both checkpoints and the finish location.
- Dogs. Well behaved dogs on a leash are welcome to attend.
- Transport. Transport to and from the event will be at candidates own arrangement. The finish location is 1.5 miles from the start location. Parking at the start is free. Parking at the end location may be paid and/or time restricted.
- Restrooms: There are two public restrooms at the start point.
Command and Signal
GBF HQ - 9419939432
Cost - Marathon $69, Half Marathon $59.
After 1st July 2022 - Marathon $79, Half Marathon $69.
GBF Dog Tag
Marathon. Under 5 hours, with 15+lbs, for the full marathon will earn a GBF Operation MARAKEY 26.2 Dog Tag.
Half Marathon. Under 2.5 hours, with 15+lbs, for the half marathon will earn a GBF Operation MARAKEY 13.1 Dog Tag
Refunds - Refunds will be in the form of a GBF voucher for future events. Refunds within 30 days of an event will not be possible.
Operation MARAKEY 26.2
Entry for Operation MARAKEY - Full Marathon
Operation MARAKEY 13.1
Entry for Operation MARAKEY - Half Marathon