Sat, May 11|
Country Hikes & Country Music
Time & Location
May 11, 2024, 7:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Nashville, Highland Trailhead, Nashville, TN 37080, USA
About the Event
Operation BLUEGRASS and Operation BLUEGRASS MINI
- Operation BLUEGRASS 12.5 +/- miles
- Operation BLUEGRASS MINI 7.5 +/- miles
Brief Start Time: Saturday 11th May 2024 at 0730 hrs
Event Start Time: Saturday 11th May 2024 at 0800 hrs
Start Location: Highland Trailhead, Beaman Park, Tennessee
Event Finish Time: Saturday 11th May 2024 at 1700 hrs
Finish Location: Highland Trailhead, Beaman Park, Tennessee
Operation BLUEGRASS and Operation BLUEGRASS MINI take you into the rugged and beautiful Beaman Park. These events are only 30 minutes outside of Nashville.
Operation BLUEGRASS is 12.5 +/- miles with just over 1,500 ft of elevation gain
Operation BLUEGRASS MINI is 7.5 +/- miles with just over 800 ft of elevation gain.
Candidates must carry 30 lbs (dry weight) and complete the 12.5 +/- mile route in under 6 hours to pass and under 3.5 hours to earn the GBF Operation BLUEGRASS Dog Tag.
Operation BLUEGRASS MINI
Candidates must carry 20 lbs (dry weight) and complete the 7.5 +/- mile route in under 5 hours to pass and under 2.5 hours to earn the GBF Operation BLUEGRASS MINI Dog Tag.
Candidates will meet at the Highland Trailhead at Beaman Park.
At 0730 hrs, GBF Staff will give an event brief before answering any questions and releasing the candidates to begin the route at 0800 hrs.
- Mapping. GBF events use the AllTrails app for navigation. To download the route from AllTrails, you will need to sign up for a membership. GBF suggests candidates have a paper map, compass, and GPS too.
- Route. Ensure you download the route for offline use.
Operation BLUEGRASS route is HERE.
Operation BLUEGRASS MINI route is HERE.
Operation BLUEGRASS - 30 lbs (without food and water) in a backpack.
Operation BLUEGRASS MINI - 20 lbs (without food and water) in a backpack.
This list is mandatory.
- Backpack (waterproof inner-bags)
- Phone (fully charged)
- Phone charger
- Head Torch (spare batteries)
- Hydration bladder(s)
- Emergency rations (see below)
- Emergency shelter
- Personal First Aid Kit
This list is strongly recommended:
- Dress. Candidates' dress will be a personal choice.
- Checkpoints. There are no checkpoints on this route.
- Water. There will be bottled water at the start / finish point. Candidates should carry enough water to last the route distance +3 miles, in case they get lost.
- Rations. Candidates should have a minimum of 3 x energy bars and 0.5 litres of water as emergency rations.
- Medical. A personal medical kit is required by every candidate. GBF Staff must be made aware of any medical conditions prior to starting the event.
- Transport. Transport to and from the event will be at candidates own arrangement.
Command and Signal
GBF HQ: 941-993-9432
Numbers - Maximum number of candidates 40. Minimum number of candidates 10.
Operation BLUEGRASS - $95
Operation BLUEGRASS MINI - $75
Refunds - Refunds will be in the form of a GBF voucher for future events. Refunds within 30 days of an event will not be possible.
Operation BLUEGRASS MINI
+$2.01 service fee
+$2.01 service fee0