Time & Location
Mar 27, 2022, 10:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Charleston, Charleston, SC, USA
About the Event
Operations in Built Up Areas (O.B.U.A.) IGNITE
Start Time: Saturday 27 March 22 at 1030hrs (Please do not arrive before 1000hrs)
Start Location: Edmund's Oast Brewing Co., Charleston, SC
Finish Time: Saturday 27 March 22 at 1630hrs
Finish Location: Edmund's Oast Brewing Co., Charleston, SC
O.B.U.A. IGNITE takes place in beautiful Carleston, with more focus on fun, and less on miles.
Charleston, the South Carolina port city founded in 1670, is defined by its cobblestone streets, horse-drawn carriages and pastel antebellum houses, particularly in the elegant French Quarter and Battery districts. The Battery promenade and Waterfront Park both overlook Charleston Harbor, while Fort Sumter, a federal stronghold where the first shots of the Civil War rang out, lies across the water.
- Complete as many checkpoints as possible in the time allocated.
- Complete as many challenges as possible in the time allocated.
The start and finish location is Edmund's Oast Brewing Co. where your Team Captain will be issued with a list of checkpoints that may include bars, historic locations, and famous landmarks! There will also be a list of additional challenges specific to this location and event. It's up to your team to decide how to attack the challenge.
This event is about having fun, getting outside, working together, and fitness...a little bit. Expect the Unexpected.
This event will be as far or short as candidates wish to go in the time allocated. Checkpoints may include:
- Munkle Brewing Co.,
- Edmund's Oast Brewing Co.,
- Brewlab Charleston,
- Revelry Brewing Co.,
- Palmetto Brewing Co.,
- Frothy Beard Brewing Company,
- Charles Towne Fermentory,
- Hobcaw Brewing Company,
- Westbrook Brewing Company,
- USS Yorktown CV-10,
- Fort Sumter National Monument
- Dress. All candidates should be dressed for the conditions of South Carolina in March.
- Equipment. Backpacks are not required but candidates must have a minimum of 2 litres (0.5 gallons) of water plus a fully charged mobile phone.
- Water. Water should be consumed throughout the day and will be available free at most checkpoints and at the start and finish.
- Transport. There is parking at Edmund's Oast Brewing Co. Please do not drink and drive.
Command and Signal
GBF HQ - 9419939432
Cost - $65
Refunds - Refunds will be in the form of a GBF voucher for future events. Refunds within 30 days of an event will not be possible.
T-Shirts - The first TWENTY people signed up will receive a free t-shirt. Deadline for free t-shirts is 4th March 2022.