Time & Location
Jul 17, 2022, 10:30 AM – Jul 18, 2022, 4:30 PM
Asheville, North Carolina, Asheville, NC, USA
About the Event
Operations in Built Up Areas (O.B.U.A.) BLUE RIDGE
Start Time: Sunday17 July 22 at 1100hrs (Please do not arrive before 1030hrs)
Start Location: Asheville, NC (Exact location to follow)
Finish Time: Sunday17 July 22 at 1630hrs
Finish Location: Asheville, NC (Exact location to follow)
O.B.U.A. BLUE RIDGE takes place in the Asheville, with more focus on fun, and less on miles.
Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina, Asheville is perhaps best known as the location of George Vanderbilt's Biltmore Estate and the home of major American novelist, Thomas Wolfe. It’s also very well known for its Craft Beer culture, but you’ll find that out yourself.
- Complete as many checkpoints as possible in the time allocated.
- Complete as many challenges as possible in the time allocated.
The start and finish location will be announced in the coming weeks. Your Team Captain will be issued with a list of checkpoints that may include bars, historic locations, and famous landmarks! There will also be a list of additional challenges specific to this location and event. It's up to your team to decide how to attack the challenge.
This event is about having fun, getting outside, working together, and fitness...a little bit. Expect the Unexpected.
This event will be as far or short as candidates wish to go in the time allocated. Checkpoints may include:
- Cellarest Beer Project,
- Rye Not,
- New Origin Brewing Company,
- Brouwerij Cursus Kĕmē,
- Asheville Brewing Company,
- Bhramari Brewing Co.,
- Burial Beer Co.,
- Catawba Brewing Co.,
- Eurisko Beer Company,
- Green Man Brewery,
- Dress. All candidates should be dressed for the conditions of North Carolina in July.
- Equipment. Backpacks are not required but candidates must have a minimum of 2 litres (0.5 gallons) of water plus a fully charged mobile phone.
- Water. Water should be consumed throughout the day and will be available free at most checkpoints and at the start and finish.
- Transport. Transport to and from the event is at the candidate's own discretion. Please do not drink and drive.
Command and Signal
GBF HQ - 9419939432
Cost - $65
Refunds - Refunds will be in the form of a GBF voucher for future events. Refunds within 30 days of an event will not be possible.
T-Shirts - The first TWENTY people signed up will receive a free t-shirt. Deadline for free t-shirts is 1st July 2022.
Operation BLUE RIDGE