GBF Urban: Operation THEO
Time & Location
About the Event
Distance: 12 +/- miles
Event Start Time: Sat 23 Oct 21 at 0830hrs
FUP (Forming Up Point) Location: 3 Daughters Brewing, St Pete
Event Finish Time: Sa 23 Oct 21 1500hrs
Finish Location: 3 Daughters Brewing, St Pete
“Our sweet Theo was born on March 22, 2015. From day one he was the sweetest most even tempered baby. He brought joy to everyone that met him. After a trip to the eye doctor that turned into an emergency MRI at All Children’s Hospital our precious baby was diagnosed with a rare form of childhood cancer called Alveolar Rhabdomyosarcoma. He was only five months old.
Alveolar Rhabdomyosarcoma is aggressive, and so was the frontline treatment being offered to Theo. He endured countless rounds of chemotherapy at All Children's Hospital where he was seen by the best team of doctors and nurses we could have dreamed of having for him. He learned to walk in the hallways of the seventh floor. He made friends with patients and their parents alike. Theo’s treatment was complicated and that led him to many different departments within the hospital, and he won over the affection of hospital staff everywhere he went.
In the end, the outstanding care and compassion he was given at All Children’s was no match for the aggressiveness of his disease, and the lack of adequate treatment protocols for children with his type of cancer. After that fourteen months of treatment, he passed away surrounded by family, and in his parent’s arms at the age of 19 months old.
Theo left his mark on all who knew him. His short life changed lives. He softened hearts, strengthened relationships, and he continues to be a source of strength to those that love him.”
Green Beret Fitness presents Operation THEO in St Petersburg in memory of a young warrior who was taken too soon. In addition to the gifts we will deliver on the day, Green Beret Fitness will be donating 25% of event profits to the John Hopkins All Children's Hospital.
1. Collect new, unwrapped toys and gifts to donate to the John Hopkins All Children's Hospital in time for their Christmas sorting.
2. Completion of the course, and associated challenges, as a team in the time allocated.
This Team Navigation Event will be completed in St Petersburg on Saturday 23rd October starting at 0830hrs. The start / finish location is 3 Daughters Brewing.
Your Team Leader will be issued a list of checkpoints in the morning and your team must plan the most efficient route before setting off to complete the course. Checkpoints (CP) may include shops, bars, famous landmarks, parks, and historic locations.
This event is about planning an efficient route, working together, and having fun.
There may be cookies, stretchers, casualties, balloons, and medical packs involved in this event. Expect the Unexpected.
- Dress. Dress will be a personal choice. St Petersburg can still be very hot in October so dress appropriately.
- Equipment. Candidates must have 20 lbs in their backpack but all the items you donate are included in your 20lbs of weight.
Once you donate it, you will be down that weight. The more you donate - the less you carry. This list is mandatory:
- 1 gallon of water
- Sun hat / Sunscreen
- Spare clothes & towel
- Fully Charged mobile phone
- Item(s) to donate to All Children's Hospital
- Water. Water should be consumed throughout the day and will be available at some checkpoints and the start / finish location.
- Transport. Transport to and from the event will be at candidates own arrangement.
Command and Signal
GBF HQ - 9419939432
Cost - $70
Refunds - Refunds will be in the form of a GBF voucher for future events. Refunds within 30 days of an event will not be possible.
T-Shirts - Orders for t-shirts will be placed on 8 Oct 21. Any tickets booked after this date will NOT receive a t-shirt for this event.
- Operation THEO$70+$4.90 Tax+$1.87 Service fee$70+$4.90 Tax+$1.87 Service fee0$0