GBF Urban: Operation SURVIVAL
Time & Location
About the Event
Operation SURVIVAL is Green Beret Fitness's inaugural event in the city of St Petersburg and there will be two mission objectives:
1. Donations of unused gifts to the John Hopkins All Children's Hospital in time for their Christmas sorting.
2. Completion of the course, and associated challenges, as a team in the time allocated.
Minimum Distance: 12 miles
Start Time: 0800hrs
Start Location: 3 Daughters Brewing, St Pete.
Finish Time: 1500hrs
Finish Location: 3 Daughters Brewing, St Pete.
This Team Navigation and Rucking Event will be completed in St Petersburg on Saturday 17th October at 0800AM. The start and finish location will be 3 Daughters Brewing.
Your Team Leader will be issued a list of checkpoints in the morning and your team must plan the most efficient route before setting off to complete the course. Checkpoints (CP) may include shops, bars, famous landmarks, parks, and historic locations. This course will be slightly different in that the whole event will be moving to John Hopkins Hospital as the first checkpoint to deliver the gifts for the children, ready for Christmas sorting.
This event is about planning an efficient route, working together, and individual administration and fitness. 'Look after your body and it will look after you.'
There may be cookies, stretchers, casualties, and medical packs involved in this event. Expect the Unexpected.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE CHILDREN'S GIFTS
Team Members are asked to donate a minimum of one item to the All Children's Hospital. For an in depth list of what is required, and acceptable, please see HERE.
All the items you donate are included in your 20lbs of weight. Once you donate it, you will be down that weight. The more you donate - the less you carry.
1. Teams must be a minimum of 2 and maximum of 8.
2. Each team member must start with 20 lbs in their ruck (see above for further rules) but this can be distributed through the team with stronger members taking more weight. The total team weight must be 20 lbs x the number of team members.
3. At each CP the Team Leader must post a selfie of the whole team to their Instagram page (not story) tagging @GreenBeretFitness and the #ToughStrongFit. This will be the method for Staff to track the teams progress. The CP information given on the morning of the event will have further details.
4. Traffic Laws and Local Laws must be obeyed. Roads will not be closed to traffic.
5. No private or public transport is allowed to complete the course. Disqualification of the whole team will be the outcome of anyone found cheating.
6. Alcoholic beverages are allowed to be responsibly consumed, according to local laws, during the course. Maintain hydration properly with water.
7. Each team member is asked to carry a minimum of one gift to donate to All Children's Hospital.
Kit must be shown by every member to staff at the start. This kit should be fully waterproofed:
- 1 gallon of water (this can be split between several smaller bottles or a hydration bladder)
- Sun hat
- Spare clothes
- Fully Charged mobile phone
- Item(s) to donate to All Children's Hospital
Ruck Pack and Weight. You must supply your own ruck pack and weight for the event. Look in our Information page for ideas how to add weight to your Ruck. GBF will not supply weight or rucks on the day.
Parking. Parking is available at 3 Daughters Brewing but competitors are requested to ride-share to reduce the parking spaces taken. Please try to park somewhere outside of 3 Daughters Brewing and leave the parking inside for GBF and 3 Daughters staff.
Weather. This event will be conducted in all weather conditions unless it is deemed unsafe by the event organisers.
Refund Policy. Refunds will be considered on an individual basis.
GBF T-Shirt. Free t-shirts will be issued to everyone who registers before 1st October.
Pricing. Tickets will be
10 Aug - 31 Aug = $55
1 Sep - 30 Sep = $60
1 Oct - 16 Oct = $69 and no t-shirt
- Operation SURVIVAL$69+$4.83 Tax+$1.85 Service fee$69+$4.83 Tax+$1.85 Service fee0$0