GBF Urban: Operation GREEN SANTA (Sarasota)
Time & Location
About the Event
20% of registration revenue will be given to the Green Beret Foundation whose mission is "to answer the call of the Green Berets and their families so that they can suceed in their next mission."
Operation GREEN SANTA is Green Beret Fitness's annual Christmas Event focussing more on fun, food, and drink and less on miles.
Minimum Distance will be 6+ miles.
Start Time: 1000hrs
Start Location: Tamiami Tap.
Finish Time: 1700hrs (feel free to stay in the finish location and eat/drink more!)
Finish Location: Tamiami Tap.
This Event will be completed on Saturday 11th December 1000AM. The start and Finish location is Tamiami Tap. If you're going to be drinking alcohol, plan for a ride or Uber home.
Your Team Leader will be issued a list of checkpoints in the morning.
Checkpoints (CP) will include bars where you get a drink...or drink(s)...and food. If we're honest, it's probably just going to be a bar navigation exercise with a backpack on. Or no backpack. You decide.
This event is about having fun, getting outside, working together, and fitness...a little bit. There will be food and beverages to consume and workouts to complete. Expect the Unexpected.
***All members must be wearing an item of Christmas cheer.***
1. Each team member should start with 10 lbs in their ruck. This is not mandated.
2. At each CP the Team must post a selfie of the whole team to their Instagram page (not story) tagging
@GreenBeretFitness and the #ToughStrongFit.
3. Traffic Laws and Local Laws must be obeyed. Roads will not be closed to traffic.
4. Any / All transport is allowed to complete the course but athletes MUST not drive themselves if they have consumed alcohol.
5. Alcoholic beverages are allowed to be responsibly consumed, according to local laws, during the course. Maintain hydration properly with water.
Kit must be shown by every member to staff at the start. This kit should be fully waterproofed:
- 0.5 gallon of water (required)
- 1 drink of Christmas Cheer (your choice)
- Sunscreen (advised)
- Sun hat / Christmas Hat / GBF hat
- Towel (advised)
- Sunglasses (advised)
- Fully Charged mobile phone (required)
Backpack and Weight. You must supply your own backpack and weight for the event. Look in our Information page for ideas how to add weight to your pack.
Parking. Parking is up to individual competitors to decide. There is parking at Tamiami Tap but please use the large car park next to PF Changs.
Weather. This event will be conducted in all weather conditions unless it is deemed unsafe by the event organisers.
Refund Policy. Refunds will be considered on an individual basis.
GBF T-Shirt. Free Special Edition Operation GREEN SANTA t-shirts will be issued to everyone who registers before 26th November.
Free Drink and Food. There will be free drinks available for this event.
20% of all registration revenue goes to Green Beret Foundation.
- Operation GREEN SANTA$70+$4.90 Tax+$1.87 Service fee$70+$4.90 Tax+$1.87 Service fee0$0