Sun, Nov 22|
Coppertail Brewing Co.
GBF Urban: Operation DEVIL RAY
Green Beret Fitness comes to Tampa Bay. This event will be different to our previous challenges: two distances, one decision. Do you take it easy, or do your push yourself to complete the next distance?
Time & Location
Nov 22, 2020, 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Coppertail Brewing Co., 2601 E 2nd Ave, Tampa, FL 33605, USA
About the Event
Operation DEVIL RAY is Green Beret Fitness breaching into the city of Tampa with two distances on offer.
**Please bring masks with you to the event**
Minimum Distance One (Op DEVIL RAY Short) will be 8 miles.
Minimum Distance Two (Op DEVIL RAY Long) will be 14 miles.
Start Time: 0830hrs
Start Location: Coppertail Brewing Company, Tampa.
Finish Time: 1500hrs
Finish Location: Coppertail Brewing Company, Tampa.
This Team Navigation and Rucking Event will be completed in Tampa on Sunday 22nd November at 0830AM. The start location is TBC due to the ongoing COVID 19 situation. The start / finish location will be confirmed in the weeks prior to the event.
Your Team Leader will be issued a list of checkpoints in the morning and your team must plan the most efficient route before setting off to complete the course. Checkpoints (CP) may include shops, bars, famous landmarks, parks, and historic locations.
This event is about planning an efficient route, working together, and individual administration and fitness. 'Look after your body and it will look after you.'
There may be food, workouts, water, buddy-carries and more involved in this event. Expect the Unexpected.
1. Teams must be a minimum of 2 and maximum of 8.
2. Each team member must start with 20 lbs in their ruck (see above for further rules) but this can be distributed through the team with stronger members taking more weight. The total team weight must be 20 lbs x the number of team members.
3. At each CP the Team Leader must post a selfie of the whole team to their Instagram page (not story) tagging
@GreenBeretFitness and the #ToughStrongFit. This will be the method for Staff to track the teams progress. The CP information given on the morning of the event will have further details.
4. Traffic Laws and Local Laws must be obeyed. Roads will not be closed to traffic.
5. No private or public transport is allowed to complete the course. Disqualification of the whole team will be the outcome of anyone found cheating.
6. Alcoholic beverages are allowed to be responsibly consumed, according to local laws, during the course. Maintain hydration properly with water.
Kit must be shown by every member to staff at the start. This kit should be fully waterproofed:
- 1 gallon of water (this can be split between several smaller bottles or a hydration bladder)
- Sun hat
- Spare clothes
- Fully Charged mobile phone
Ruck Pack and Weight. You must supply your own ruck pack and weight for the event. Look in our Information page for ideas how to add weight to your Ruck. GBF will not supply weight or rucks on the day.
Parking. Candidates are kindly requested to park in IKEA or share rides. Coppertail Brewing has asked us to leave their parking for customers.
Weather. This event will be conducted in all weather conditions unless it is deemed unsafe by the event organisers.
Refund Policy. Refunds will be considered on an individual basis.
GBF T-Shirt. Free t-shirts will be issued to everyone who registers before 1st November.
Pricing. Tickets will be two different prices depending on the distance.
10 Aug - 31 Oct = $60
1 Nov - 16th Nov = $60 but no t-shirt
10 Aug - 31 Oct = $70
1 Nov - 16th Nov = $70 but no t-shirt
Devil In The Detail: This event may be unlike anything you have done with GBF before. Get ready!
Operation DEVIL RAY (Short)
This ticket is for Operation DEVIL RAY short course (8-10 miles).$60.00Tax: +$4.20 Tax+$1.61 service fee
Operation DEVIL RAY (Long)
This ticket is for Operation DEVIL RAY long course (14-16 miles).$70.00Tax: +$4.90 Tax+$1.87 service fee