GBF 003: Sarasota Team NavEx
Time & Location
About the Event
* SOLD OUT * SOLD OUT * SOLD OUT * SOLD OUT * SOLD OUT * SOLD OUT * SOLD OUT * SOLD OUT * SOLD OUT *
Sarasota, Florida will be the setting for the inaugural Green Beret Fitness Navigation Exercise and Yomp (Yomp: long-distance loaded march carrying kit).
This point-to-point Team Navigation Event will be completed in Downtown Sarasota on Saturday 11 July. Your team will be issued with a list of checkpoints on the morning and you must plan the best route before setting off to complete the course.
Checkpoints (CP) will include bars, shops, famous landmarks, and a few fun surprises along the way. The start and finish location is outside O'Learys Tiki bar in Bayfront Park. Parking is time restricted so see the parking paragraph below.
This event is about planning an efficient route, working together, motivating each other and not giving up.
Register before 26th June and you will recieve a free GBF t-shirt and a free donut!
1. Teams must be a minimum of 3 and maximum of 6.
2. Each team member must start with 20 lbs in their ruck but this can be distributed through the team with stronger members taking more weight. The total team weight must be 20 lbs x the number of team members. Rucks and weight is not supplied by Green Beret Fitness.
3. At each CP the Team Leader must post a selfie of the WHOLE TEAM to their Instagram story tagging @GreenBeretFitness and the #ToughStrongFit. This will be the method Exercise Control to track the teams progress. The CP information given on the morning of the event will have further details.
4. Traffic Laws and Local Laws must be obeyed. Roads will not be closed to traffic.
5. No private or public transport is allowed to complete the course. Disqualification of the whole team will be the outcome of anyone found cheating.
6. Alcoholic beverages are allowed to be responsibly consumed, according to local laws, during the course. Maintain hydration properly with water.
Kit must be shown by every Recruit to staff at the start. This kit should be fully waterproofed:
- 1 gallon of water
- Mask that covers your mouth a nose
- Sun hat
- Spare clothes
- Fully Charged mobile phone
- A good book
Ruck Pack and Weight. You must supply your own ruck pack and weight for the event. Look in our Information page for ideas how to add weight to your Ruck. GBF will not supply weight or rucks on the day.
Parking. Parking at the start location is a 2 or 3 HOUR maximum and will not be sufficient. Try not to use parking that is limited by time: this event will take longer than you think. Please share transport with team members or get dropped off.
Weather. This event will be conducted in all weather conditions unless it is deemed unsafe by the event organisers.
Masks. Masks will be mandatory in the start / finish area. Some checkpoints may require masks.
Refund Policy. Refunds will be considered on an individual basis.
- GBF 003: Downtown Navigation$59+$1.48 Service fee$59+$1.48 Service fee0$0