Sat, Feb 24|
Operation YOMP (Washington)
8 miles - 80 lbs - 2.5 hours
Time & Location
Feb 24, 2024, 7:30 AM
Seattle, 3099 63rd Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98116, USA
About the Event
Operation YOMP (CA)
Distance: 8 Miles
Brief Start Time: Saturday 24th February 2024 at 0730 hrs
Event Start Time: Saturday 24th February 2024 at 0800 hrs
Start Location: Stone honoring Cheif Seattle, Seattle, WA
Event Finish Time: Saturday 24th February 2024 at 1300 hrs
Finish Location: Stone honoring Cheif Seattle, Seattle, WA
Operation YOMP is based on true events during the 1982 Falklands War. After disembarking from ships at San Carlos on East Falkland, on the 21st of May 1982, Royal Marines and members of the Parachute Regiment yomped (or “rucked” in American) with their equipment across the islands, covering 56 miles (90 km) in three days carrying 36kg (80 lbs) loads.
Candidates must carry 80 lbs (dry weight) and complete the 8 mile route in under 4 hours to PASS and under 2.5 hours to earn the GBF Operation YOMP Dog Tag.
Candidates will meet at the Stone honoring Cheif Seattle, next to the public restrooms.
At 0730 hrs, GBF Staff will give an event brief before answering any questions and releasing the candidates to begin the route at 0800 hrs.
- Mapping. GBF events use the AllTrails app for navigation. To download the route from AllTrails, you will need to sign up for a membership. GBF suggests candidates have a paper map, compass, and GPS too.
- Route. Ensure you download the route for offline use.
Operation YOMP (WA) route is HERE.
- Weight. Candidates must carry a minimum of 80 lbs (without food and water) in a backpack. Weight vests or sandbags are not permitted.
This list is mandatory.
- Backpack (waterproof inner-bags)
- Phone (fully charged)
- Phone charger
- Hydration bladder(s)
- Emergency rations (see below)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Dress. Candidates' dress will be a personal choice. It's probably going to be cold until you start.
- Checkpoints. There are no checkpoints on this route.
- Water. There will be bottled water at the start / finish point. Candidates should carry enough water to last the route distance +2 miles, in case they get lost.
- Rations. Candidates should have a minimum of 2 x energy bars as emergency rations.
- Medical. A personal medical kit is required by every candidate. GBF Staff must be made aware of any medical conditions prior to starting the event.
- Transport. Transport to and from the event will be at candidates own arrangement.
Command and Signal
GBF HQ: 941-993-9432
Numbers - Maximum number of candidates 40. Minimum number of candidates 10.
Operation YOMP (WA) - $65
Refunds - Refunds will be in the form of a GBF voucher for future events. Refunds within 30 days of an event will not be possible.
Operation YOMP (WA)