Sat, Mar 23|
Thousand Oaks, California
Panoramic to Pacific and Back
Time & Location
Mar 23, 2024, 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Thousand Oaks, California, Via Goleta, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320, USA
About the Event
Operation PACIFIC and Operation PACIFIC MINI
- Operation PACIFIC 16 +/- miles
- Operation PACIFIC MINI 8.5 +/- miles
Brief Start Time: Saturday 23rd March 2024 at 0730 hrs
Event Start Time: Saturday 23rd March 2024 at 0800 hrs
Start Location: Sycamore Canyon Car Park, CA
Event Finish Time: Saturday 23rd March 2024 at 1700 hrs
Finish Location: Sycamore Canyon Car Park, CA
Operation PACIFIC and Operation PACIFIC MINI take you through the Point Mugu State park to offer two different challenges.
Operation PACIFIC is 16 +/- miles with just over 1,000 ft of elevation gain
Operation PACIFIC MINI is 8.5 +/- miles with just over 1,000 ft of elevation gain.
Candidates must carry 30 lbs (dry weight) and complete the 16 +/- mile route in under 6 hours to pass and under 4.5 hours to earn the GBF Operation PACIFIC Dog Tag. The winner will earn the elite Gold Dog Tag.
Operation PACIFIC MINI
Candidates must carry 20 lbs (dry weight) and complete the 8.5 +/- mile route in under 5 hours to pass and under 2.5 hours to earn the GBF Operation PACIFIC MINI Dog Tag.
Candidates will meet at the Sycamore Canyon Car Park parking area.
At 0730 hrs, GBF Staff will give an event brief before answering any questions and releasing the candidates to begin the route at 0800 hrs.
- Mapping. GBF events use the AllTrails app for navigation. To download the route from AllTrails, you will need to sign up for a membership. GBF suggests candidates have a paper map, compass, and GPS too.
- Route. Ensure you download the route for offline use.
Operation PACIFIC route is HERE. Candidates MUST get a photo of themselves in the Pacific Ocean, prior to returning. GBF Staff will tell you more during the brief.
Operation PACIFIC MINI route is HERE.
Operation PACIFIC - 30 lbs (without food and water) in a backpack.
Operation PACIFIC MINI - 20 lbs (without food and water) in a backpack.
This list is mandatory.
- Backpack (waterproof inner-bags)
- Phone (fully charged)
- Phone charger
- Head Torch (spare batteries)
- Hydration bladder(s)
- Emergency rations (see below)
- Emergency shelter
- Personal First Aid Kit
This list is strongly recommended:
- Dress. Candidates' dress will be a personal choice.
- Checkpoints. There are no checkpoints on this route.
- Water. There will be bottled water at the start / finish point. Candidates should carry enough water to last the route distance +3 miles, in case they get lost.
- Rations. Candidates should have a minimum of 3 x energy bars and 0.5 litres of water as emergency rations.
- Medical. A personal medical kit is required by every candidate. GBF Staff must be made aware of any medical conditions prior to starting the event.
- Transport. Transport to and from the event will be at candidates own arrangement.
Command and Signal
GBF HQ: 941-993-9432
Numbers - Maximum number of candidates 40. Minimum number of candidates 10.
Operation PACIFIC - $95
Operation PACIFIC MINI - $75
Refunds - Refunds will be in the form of a GBF voucher for future events. Refunds within 30 days of an event will not be possible.
Operation PACIFIC MINI
+$2.01 service fee
+$2.01 service fee0