Operation HIGH ROLLER
Time & Location
About the Event
Operation HIGH ROLLER
Distance: 18 +/- miles
Event Start Time: Sat 30 April 22 at 0600hrs (Do not arrive before 0530hrs)
Start Location: Trail Canyon Trailhead, NV
Event Finish Time: Sat 30 April 22 at 1900hrs
Finish Location: Trail Canyon Trailhead, NV
WARNING: This event is very challenging. There is the possibility the summit may have extreme conditions with snow and ice on 30th April. This event should not be underestimated.
Operation HIGH ROLLER takes you to the highest point around Las Vegas (11,916ft) with half the route done above 10,000 feet in an alpine wonderland. Operation HIGH ROLLER is a real test of endurance and fitness at altitude and mental strength.
Candidates must complete the 18 +/- mile route in under 12 hours to pass and under 8 hours to earn the GBF Operation HIGH ROLLER Dog Tag.
Candidates will meet at the Trail Canyon Trailhead parking area. After 0600hrs, GBF Staff will give an event brief before checking candidates' kits. Candidates are advised to carry paper maps (waterproofed), in addition to their smartphone, for navigation. Once GBF Staff are happy with the candidate's kit, they will be released to begin the route.
The first 20 candidates who sign up will receive a free GBF Operation HIGH ROLLER t-shirt. Candidates finishing in under 8 hours will receive the highly sought-after 'GBF Operation HIGH ROLLER’ dog tags. The first candidate to complete the course will receive a GBF Gold Dog Tag.
- Mapping. You can navigate this route easily from the AllTrails app on your Smartphone. GBF suggests candidates have a paper map, compass, and GPS. To download the route from AllTrails, you will need to sign up for a membership.
- Route. Operation HIGH ROLLER.
- Dress. Candidates' dress will be a personal choice but they are reminded this is a rural event with no vehicle support. Wet weather and cold weather gear is mandatory in case of inclement weather conditions.
This list is mandatory. You will NOT be allowed to start if an item is missing. (Items linked are for guidance only)
- Backpack (waterproof inner-bags)
- Phone charger
- Head Torch (spare batteries)
- Hydration bladder(s)
- Pocket knife
- Emergency rations (see below)
- Emergency shelter
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Cold weather hat
- Cold weather jacket
This list is strongly recommended:
- Maps (waterproofed)
- Blister kit
- LifeStraw water filter
- Microspikes (if there is snow / ice at the top (very likely) you will require these)
- Hiking poles (if there is snow / ice at the top (very likely) you will require these)
- Replen. This is a self sufficient route with NO DRINKING WATER RESUPPLY. There may be streams with the possibility to filter water.
- Rations. Candidates must have a minimum of 4 x chocolate bars as emergency rations. It is the candidates' own decision if they wish to take extra food with them.
- Water. Candidates should carry enough water to last 20 +/- miles in case they get lost. There will also be water at the end. Candidates must start the event with a minimum of 6 litres of water or they will not be allowed to start.
- Medical. A personal medical kit is required by every candidate. GBF Staff must be made aware of any medical conditions prior to starting the event. If any GBF staff deems a candidate is medically unfit to continue, they may be withdrawn from the event for their own safety.
- Transport. Transport to and from the event will be at candidates own arrangement.
Command and Signal
GBF HQ - 9419939432
Weight - Candidate’s backpacks must weigh a minimum of 25 lbs with all the mandatory gear and water and food.
Numbers - Maximum number of candidates 40. Minimum number of candidates 10.
Cost - $140
Refunds - Refunds will be in the form of a GBF voucher for future events. Refunds within 30 days of an event will not be possible.
T-Shirts - Orders for t-shirts will be placed on 1 Apr 22. Any tickets booked after this date will NOT be eligible for a t-shirt for this event.
- Operation HIGH ROLLER$140+$9.80 Tax$140+$9.80 Tax0$0