Exercise DAWN (Texas)
Time & Location
About the Event
Exercise DAWN Texas
Minimum Distance: CLASSIFIED
Start Time: Friday 26 MAR 21 2100hrs
Start Location: West Oaks Little League Car Park
Finish Time: CLASSIFIED
Finish Location: West Oaks Little League Car Park
Green Beret Fitness will deliver a 12+/- hour event that simulates a British Military Arduous Course selection process. This event, Exercise DWN, is an assessment of mental and physical strength and has pass/fail criteria.
There will be a learning / teaching phase after the initial tests have been completed successfully. We are not here to try and break you.
Candidates must complete the whole course, including the initial Basic Fitness Test, to the required standard to be successful and earn the Exercise DAWN Dog Tag.
Candidates will be ready to begin at 2100 hrs on the Friday and receive a brief on the exercise followed by a kit check and kit weigh-in. Backpacks must weigh 55 lbs (without water) for the Basic Fitness Test. After the 8 miler is complete, the weight will be reduced to 35 lbs. Phones and keys may be removed from candidates for safety.
The Basic Fitness Test will be the first event and candidates must pass to progress.
- 55 push-ups minimum: 2 minutes
- 65 sit-ups minimum: 2 minutes
- 8-Mile Loaded March: within 120 minutes carrying 55lbs
This video (LINK) demonstrates the correct technique to use on Exercise DAWN for situps and pushups.
The Main Events List (MEL) will begin after the Basic Fitness Test and Candidates will not know what to expect for the next 12+/- hours.
Successful candidates will receive a personalised Exercise DAWN Dog Tag.
- Dress. Candidates' dress will be a personal choice but they are reminded this is a 12+/- hour event covering distance and getting dirty / crawling. Changes of clothes will be required and spare socks are essential. Having a spare set of clothes/shoes waiting for you in your car would also be sensible.
- Equipment. This list is mandatory and not optional. Your spare set of clothes should be suitable for conducting Exercise DAWN, not just shorts and t-shirt etc.
- Backpack with waterproof Bag/Dry Sack (the contents MUST be waterproofed)
- Work Gloves
- Full spare set of clothes
- Foot Care Kit
- 2 x Water Bottle 2 litre (no water bladders allowed)
- GBF Beanie or similar
- Headlight (with spare batteries)
- Spare flashlight
- 2 x Chem-light/cyalume
We also advise you to have a sleeping system in your car so you can rest before you drive anywhere. Prohibited items may include:
- Medicine, unless potentially life-saving
- Jewelry of any kind
- Replen. There will be drinking water with the GBF DS at the admin’ area. There will be no food available for candidates.
- Rations. Candidates must have a minimum of 2 x candy bars (or similar) as emergency rations.
- Water. Candidates must carry a minimum of 4 litres of water. The use of hydration bladders is NOT ALLOWED.
- Medical. If any GBF staff deems a candidate is unfit to continue, they will be withdrawn from the event for their own safety.
- Transport. Candidates are advised to be dropped off and picked up where possible; this ensures candidates are not driving while tired.
- Wildlife. Candidates will be sharing the Exercise Area with native wildlife; show them respect and keep your distance.
Command and Signal
GBF HQ - 9419939432
This is a 12+/- hour simulation based on the British Military. There will be testing, teaching, and assessing throughout the event. GBF Directing Staff do not want to fail you and will give you every opportunity to pass if you reach the standard.
There will be character and attitude tests during the whole event. Be prepared.
Weight. Candidates will have 55 lbs for the 8 mile march (based on British Infantry). After successful completion of the 8 miler, the weight will be reduced to 35 lbs. Water is not included in these weights.
Maximum: For safety reasons, a maximum of 30 candidates will be allowed to compete in Exercise DAWN.
Minimum: This event requires a minimum of 10 people. If the event is cancelled, your money will be refunded.
Entrance Fee: $95
Refunds. Refunds will be in the form of a GBF voucher for future events. Refunds within 30 days of an event will not be possible.
Additional Information. The following document may be informative:
- Exercise DAWN$95+$6.65 TAX+$2.54 Service fee$95+$6.65 TAX+$2.54 Service fee0$0